Babbling Brooke

Babbling Brooke

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Here Goes Nothing...

    I discovered when my dad was sick last year that the best form of therapy for me was to write. I found that I could write about fears, frustrations, joys and for some reason sharing my feelings on this computer screen made me feel so much better! Since my dad's illness has improved I haven't felt that I had a lot to share; that is until last night...So with that being said here goes the first of many posts.


   Last night Brian and I had the priveledge to go eat at his grandparents house. In typical grandma fashion she made the best of everything! Chicken and Dumpling's, Swiss Steak (Brian's very favorite), lima beans, greens,fried okra, cornbread...you get the idea the healthiest of everything. ha! The revelation wasn't the food it was the prayer, the visiting, the love that his grandparents share 60 years into marriage. The four of us held hands and Brian prayed. We listened to stories told by his grandma ( many of them we have heard time and time again), We got to listen as his grandpa proudly proclaimed the greens and okra we were eating were from his garden. After dinner we got to watch them drink coffee and hold hands. The dinner was delicious but the lesson was life changing.


    The lesson of how blessed we are to get to spend time with our precious grandparents, to get to learn from them and to get to pray with them. Wow these are truly precious memories that will be with me for life. The marriage that they share is truly top notch! She puts his needs before her own and he puts her needs before his own. This results in the ultimate win-win situation. I am so thankful for the constitution of marriage. The idea that I get to share everything in this life with my partner, my best friend, Brian it is truly more exciting than I can ever describe in words!


    So the revelation that I had last night that made me start this blog was this...There will be times of tragedy, times of rejoicing, and times of just blah but during all these we learn such important life lessons if we just look and listen. May God open my eyes to see all that He wants me to learn, be thankful for and accept.

3 comments:

  1. enjoy those precious moments. i lost 3 of my 4 grandparents in 9 months. grandparents are one in a million! look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke this is such an inspiration. I have lost all of my Grandparents and wish now I had spent more time with them. I would give anything to hear their stories and laugh with them again. You are such a beautiful young woman with so much to give in this world. May God bless you and Brian with length of life, health and one day with children who I know will be raised with a strong faith. Love always Phyllis Hopper Olley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Brooke. Your strength and assurance in Christ are so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete