Babbling Brooke

Babbling Brooke

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

14

             Because 14 is too young to lose your mom.  Because 14 is too young to not have anyone that wants you when your mom dies.  Because 14 is supposed to be the time of your life.  Because 14 is such a critical age in life. Because 14 is too young to be in charge of making all the decisions at the funeral home.  For all of the reasons and many more his life currently sucks.

           He can't eat, he says he is depressed.  When you ask him what you can do he says "I just want my mama."  Crocodile tears run down his face and he says " I just need her." He has always been required to make adult decisions as a child.  His carefree childhood never existed.  He has done some really stupid things and he has done some really honorable things.  He has been through more than most will ever go through in their whole life.


        He asks why? He asks will I ever feel better? I honestly don't know the answer to either so instead I tell him I will pray and I will do any earthly things that I can for him. I toss and turn all night hurting for him, praying for him. I find myself kneeling before the Almighty and pleading for comfort for him.


       Many ask what can be done and the truth is I don't know. I can't make his mom come back to life and I can't fill the hole that is now in his heart. So I tell them to pray. I ask everyone to hit their knees and ask for comfort, peace and a better life for Josh.


       This picture is Josh.  His mom died yesterday and his future is full of uncertainty and it is such a critical age in a persons life.  I ask if you read this please send a prayer up for him. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh God I lift my brother in Christ up to you. Only you know the ache this child is experiencing. Lord wrap him in your arms, dry his tears and remind him that you hold every tear he cries. Father I pray for your strength and peace to surround this child and that you'll give him what he needs to make it through the days, weeks, months, years to come. May he wake in the morning and see your light and know his mom is with you watching over him. May your peace be with him every time he gets that knot in his throat. God I pray for his soul that you are Lord of his life and if not Father I pray you'll save his soul so that he'll spend forever with you and his mom. Lord may he see his mom in his everyday life, that he'll see something that reminds him of her, catch her scent in a breeze or hear her whisper in the wind. God may he draw his strength from you. I ask that you'll put your hedge of protection around him and that satan will flee from him, use this sad situation for good and don't let the devil get a foothold. Father, I pray over the people in his life to surround him with open arms, ears and heart. To love him in a way that comforts him. Don't let this child fall through the cracks. Let people of accountability surround him all the days of his life. God I ask all these things for Josh in your Son's name...AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete