Babbling Brooke

Babbling Brooke

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Squeezing Tightly

               In June a new workout place, called Pure Barre, opened here in Jackson.  I have heard things about this franchise for years and always hoped that Jackson would get one.  When I heard the news that Jackson was getting one I could not get signed up fast enough.  It is much different than the running or interval training I normally do.  The classes last 55 minutes and they are HARD!!  Just when I think that I can master something I find that they change everything up.  It is addictive, challenging and most importantly IT WORKS! My strength and stamina have improved immensely and I truly look forward to my classes!!

               The reason I bring up Pure Barre is because in every class we do thigh work. We do all kinds of things but sometimes our instructor will tell us to zip our legs together so tight that "even a $100 dollar bill" couldn't slip through.  Everytime I look down at my thighs, squeezing them so tightly and picturing a $100 bill. My mind is constantly wandering and recently after class I was thinking to myself "what are some other things that are important that I would want to hold on tight enough to so that it wouldn't slip through my grasp?" Many things came to mind...My debit card, my car keys, my wedding band.  As my mind wandered the things got more personal and more real.


               I went from thinking of things I would hate to lose and drifted to relationships, to people that I love.   I thought of my kids and then the stabbing pain hit my heart...they painful reminder that they are mine for a short time.  No matter how hard I squeeze, no matter how hard i hold on these days of children at home are zipping by.  As all of us moms already know; these days are hard but gosh they are such a gift.  I am reminded that though I can squeeze with all my might, each day is another day older and another day closer to them leaving my nest and becoming their own adult self.

              So today I will hug them a little longer, I will let them see me do something for someone that cannot repay me, I will read them one more story, I will tell them how deep & wide & vast the Lord's love for them is, I will let them help me cook even though it will make a huge mess, I will teach them to love EVERYONE without restraint, I will pray in front of them & with them and I will tell them of the wonderful things that the Lord has done and is doing in my life and in the lives of those I love.   And even though I know it won't work, I will keep squeezing tightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment