Babbling Brooke

Babbling Brooke

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

13

                13 years ago alot happened. I started highschool, my brothers 4-wheeler got stolen (they were devestated), the movie THE TITANIC came out, I knew then that I would be going to college at Pepperdine in Malibu, CA (didn't happen), I got a phone call that changed my life, and I kissed a boy that turned my world upside down. 13 years ago...1998 it seems like a world away and then it seems as if it were only yesterday.



              On March 27, 1998 my parents yelled upstairs "Brooke you have a phone call." On the other end of that phone was a boy, Brian Pearson. We had talked a couple of times at school but really not a whole lot. As I talked to him that night my stomach was doing dances and to think today that we have a baby inside my stomach doing dances...who would have thought? This past Sunday was March 27 and as I wrote my check out at church and dated it I realized it has been 13 years. Wow!


            On April 4, 1998 we went to see THE TITANIC it was our first date the movie lasted 3 hours and everyone talked about how long it was but me I was wishing it would've lasted a little longer. He was the highschool quarterback, played basketball, baseball everyone in highschool knew him. I couldn't believe that he was interested in me.

          I remember our 1st kiss was at Ashley Warren's parents house in the playroom. It was my first kiss and it was wet and sloppy and nothing like I thought. Since then our kisses have vastly improved but to this day I remember that kiss as if it happened last night.

     I can remember praying to God asking Him to please let me marry Brian Pearson. We had some bumps along the way but in the end we did marry and I can't say thank you to God enough. Thank you for the blessing of a husband that is a true spiritual leader, thank  you for letting me marry my best friend and thank you for now expanding our family.

     13...thankful for 13 years with my best friend and love of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment