Babbling Brooke

Babbling Brooke

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Depth's of His Love

      For anyone that knows Brian at all one thing that can be said without argument is that he Hates to go shopping. If given a choice he would choose almost anything over shopping. That is why this weekend was so surprising and sweet to me. This past weekend we went to Chicago for the mid-winter dental meeting. Brian had classes to take on Friday and Saturday so Thursday was just a fun day for the two of us. After we ate lunch we went for a little shopping. We went into a department store and as soon as we walked in we were greeted with a very large shoe department. This of course stopped me in my tracks and I stayed occupied in this department for the next 30 or so minutes. When I got done in shoes I noticed that Brian had wandered off so I went to look for him. I figured I would find him sitting in a chair playing on his phone but I was wrong. I found him in the baby girls department with several outfits that he had found for our little girl. I almost started crying on spot...partly out of shock, partly out of messed up hormones, and partly b/c I thought maybe someone had stolen my husband and switched bodies with him. When he looked up at me he grinned and said "Come here I want your opinion on these" I am telling you now it wouldn't have mattered if it were the ugliest outfit in the world at this point because the gesture was so genuine and so sweet.


      While walking to dinner that night I still had a grin on my face. I was smiling because I couldn't help but think how lucky this little girl is to have a father that loves her so much he would do the thing he hates the most to show his love for her. Then I was struck with an even more powerful thought...the love Brian has for this girl it can be described by stories like this or by sweet things that he says but the love that our Heavenly Father has for this little girl and for you and for me...well that love is so Big, it is so Deep that the smartest of minds cannot begin to comprehend the depths. I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father that's love runs so deep I cannot see where it begins or where it ends. I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father that loves me just as I am. His love is Big, it is Merciful, it is Deep and I pray that I will appreciate the love that my Heavenly Father has for me a little more everyday.

4 comments:

  1. This might be my favorite one yet. I love both of you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely my favorite! I smiled throughout, and said a big "Amen" to the reference to our Heavenly Father's love for us. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good blog. Great analogy. And by the way, what did the aliens do with Brian? haha! He's great...and so are you. And so is our Heavenly Father!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet!! It is crazy what babies will do to you. Just wait until he sees her! I love the thought of how much our Father loves us. It is so assuring to know that no matter what He loves me.

    ReplyDelete