Babbling Brooke

Babbling Brooke

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Soul Saving, Life Giving

                  It is Easter week, a time where we are remembering and focusing on Christ's death and resurrection. For those that sacrificed something for lent you may be planning your first bite of chocolate (or whatever you gave up) in many days.  Palm Sunday was a heavy day of sorrow as I reflected on the crucifixion and sacrifices made.  A day of sorrow as I saw my sins nailing his hands into the cross.  A day of sorrow as I saw myself as Peter, promising to never disown my Lord and not once, not twice but three times denying Him all before the rooster crowed. 


               As mid week approaches I am bombarded with the hustle and bustle of Easter parties for school, Easter egg hunts at church and our neighborhood.  I am busy remembering what I am to buy for school, what to buy for Easter morning and making sure my kids Easter clothes fit properly.  The heaviness of Sunday seems a little lighter and it is only Tuesday.  First world problems are over shadowing soul saving, life giving sacrifices. 

             This morning I put my baby down for his morning nap and just before I go to make a shopping list for Target I am stopped in my tracks.  The Lord puts it on my heart to open my bible and read the crucifixion.  Suddenly all is heavy again.  While I know Sunday is coming, the resurrection in this story is coming,  today I am reminded to put away the to do's of this world and remember the soul saving, life giving sacrifices that were given to me and to you. 

             Don't let the busyness of your day or week consume you.  Let the soul saving, life giving sacrifices consume you.  Be overwhelmed in the part you played in nailing Him there.  Be overwhelmed in the part you played in denying Him.  Be overwhelmed that the Resurrection is coming!

           

No comments:

Post a Comment