Babbling Brooke

Babbling Brooke

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Crazy Life

          Have you had those days when you question if anyone else household is going as wack as yours?  It is time for Meritt to go to school and her jacket is no where to be found.  I remember that I washed it yesterday and then I remember that I never put it in the dryer, this is a chronic problem for me.  I tell Meritt to go upstairs and grab another jacket she comes downstairs wearing a jacket that is a size 18 month the wristbands are at her elbows.  I tell her that is not going to work and her and her dad both question me wanting to know what is wrong with it. ha! I run upstairs grab her a jacket and dry her tears (she is still wanting to wear the 18m jacket). In all the commotion puppy who is in the midst of potty training poops in the dining room floor.  I run to go get tissue paper and when I come back I see Wells crawling straight for the poop.  His crawl is fast, but today it is like he is a jaguar, it is like he thinks I am racing him to see who can grab the poop first.  I get to Wells and drag him by the back of his shirt and pull him back so that I can get the poop up before he can get to it.


           This is a snippet of a very normal Thursday in the Pearson household.  Crazy, comical, and yes sometimes, gross.  As I was on my hands and knees this morning (picking up poop and trying not to breathe in the smell) the thought crossed my mind "is anyone else's home this crazy"? While I know the scenarios may not be the exact same in every house, I do know that unexpected, hilarious and sometimes undesirable things have a way of popping up in every home. No matter how much we plan and organize life has a way of humbling us and reminding us that we are not in control. 

         Social media tells us that people's homes are perfect.  It tells us that kids don't cry, dinners don't burn and spouses don't argue.  We all post our best pictures.  The pictures of our kids dressed in smocked clothes,  our dinner on pretty dishes, and our date night dressed in our best outfits.  I actually don't think there is anything wrong with posting these things and if you follow me on instagram you know that I post a lot.     I do think we have to look at pictures knowing it is just a small snippet from the persons life.  We want to share our best, I don't think that means we are trying to hide our worst we just don't care to take pictures of the worst for everyone to see.

       When you find yourself on the floor cleaning up poop or on the side of the road changing a flat tire you may ask yourself, is anyone else's life this crazy?  I can assure you the answer is yes.  Life is full of the unplanned and it is from the unplanned boulders that arise that we are forced to grow and adjust.  

No comments:

Post a Comment