Babbling Brooke

Babbling Brooke

Monday, January 5, 2015

FRESH START

         My list for the new year is long. I have many things that I want to accomplish in 2015.  Here are some of the many...

-judge less, be more accepting- this is something I struggle with maybe because I am a female or maybe not but either way I want to accept people right where they are. My husband is great at this and he is a great source of motivation.
-listen more, speak less-if you know me then you know that my struggle is real
-memorize weekly verses with Meritt- we started this in August and it is wonderful to memorize weekly verses as a family and to have those words written on all of our hearts
- healthier eating- for the most part our house eats healthy but we do indulge and we are trying to do that less and enjoy the fresh, colorful pallet of food that comes straight from the earth
- cherish everyday- with two little ones it often feels that life is in fast forward. I want to drink it all in and try and remember these days
- less cell phone-I look at it too much! I want to put it away and just enjoy moments
-record or write down Meritt's prayers- at 3 years old the prayers that she says are way too precious and I know I will be so sad one day for not having them recorded.
-regular date nights- since having a second child we haven't done this nearly enough
-read more books- I love to read and since having kids i have maybe read 1 or 2 books
-zip my lips- if I have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all
-travel more- this is on our family's list every year
-pray more with Brian- we used to pray just the two of us all the time but we have let the distractions of life interfere and we need to get back to that place
-let the people I love know- I don't want to assume that people know how much I love and appreciate them I want to make sure to tell them often
-have a bigger garden- we have a garden every summer and this year I want to expand it and get Meritt involved in it
-appreciate the mundane- ordinary days are the ones that I will look back and miss
-affirm Brian-I think wonderful things about my husband and I do try and share those with him but I want to do better and let him know how thankful I am to have him

I have more, my list is long. There are days when I will succeed at many and maybe even all of these.  There are days that I am going to fail miserably all.day.long.  I am thankful for grace and that my belief in Jesus means that everyday is a chance for a fresh start. Anyone else have new goals for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment