Babbling Brooke

Babbling Brooke

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pad Thai with Peanut Butter dressing...Two Ways

 
 
          About a month ago we had a raw pad thai dish with a peanut butter dressing; it  was delicious and I have eaten it every week since I discovered it.  I have also tweaked the recipe and added in some things that made it taste better, in my opinion.  I found the original recipe on pinterest.  This week I wanted to eat the pad thai hot instead of raw.  Below I am going to share both recipes along with the curried shrimp that I made to serve over the pad thai. DELISH!!
 
 
 
The first step is to spiralize two zucchini's on the smallest spiral setting.  I purchased my spiralizer at Williams Sonoma and I have used it at least 5 times a week since I got it.
 
Next I prepped my other veggies.  Once this step is complete if you are making the raw pad thai you combine these veggies with your zucchini and add the dressing. So EASY!!
 
2 zucchini spiralized
1 red bell pepper diced
1/4 cup edamame (I buy the frozen kind that are already shelled)
1/4 cup chopped purple cabbage
1/4 cup shredded carrots
3 green onions diced
 
For the cooked version you will add all veggies except for the chopped green onion into a skillet with the zucchini and olive oil.
 
 
I used my electric skillet because of how much bigger it is.  The veggies only need to sautee for 5-7 minutes just until veggies are tender. 
 
Once the veggies have cooked through add 1 tbsp of chili garlic sauce.  This step is optional but phenomenal in my opinion! Next put all your veggies in a large serving bowl, add in the chopped green onion and pour the peanut butter dressing over the top...
Now for the Peanut butter dressing
 
 
1/4 cup of peanut butter
2 tbsp tamari sauce
2 tbsp water
1 garlic clove minced
1 tsp of fresh shaved ginger
2.5 tsp of pure maple syrup
1/2 tbsp of sesame oil
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

This is the peanut butter dressing you will use for the raw or cooked pad thai and it is amazing!
                                                      .........................................................

For the curried shrimp I bought 1 lb of fresh shrimp, that already had the peels removed.  Once my veggies were done in the electric skillet I put them in a bowl and added the shrimp to the skillet and added in about 1/2 a cup of the Madras curry sauce.  I found it in the organic section at Kroger. It is delish and so easy. 




                            I then topped my pad thai with the shrimp and my meal was complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment